Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tea light flower candle lollypops

This picture here is the back of the lollypop.

I am doing a craft fair in the fall so I was searching online for ideas. I saw a lolly pop candle but they had a stick coming out of the side of the candle.  Which I didn't like. So I searched good old Your tube and sure enough someone had made a similar one. Dawn from Stampin up. Link is below.   I stuck a lollypop stick behind the candle and covered it with a scallop punch so it looks like a flower and covers the stick.

This lollypop is is a tea light candle:

Recipe:

lollypop stick
tea light candle
glue dots/glue gun
cello lollypop wrapper
ribbon
tag using Very Merry Tags on the Cricut cut at 2 1/4"
scallop punch 1 3/4"  ( that is the biggest punch I had)  2" punch might look nice too.

I punched out a scallop punch at 1 3/4" to glue behind the candle  which also hides the stick.  I put a bit of glue on the inside cup of the candle holder because they fall out when standing.  The glue dots seem to hold it in place.  The scallop punch gave the look of a flower.  Put it in the bag., tied the tag on and then tied the ribbon on it. These would make great favors for weddings too.  I am going to stamp on them, enjoy, for you, etc  Here is the You tube video that I found last night.  She has awesome videos Dawn from Stampin Up.
http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=cacmsMPgQl8&feature=channel

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty... look good enough to eat tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are cool. I really like them. I would have never thought to make a lollipop out of tea candles.

    If you get a chance, please come take a peek at some of my postings. Would love to share ideas.

    Georgiana
    http://carsonscricutcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls they are so fun to make. I am using up some of my Yankee Candle Tea lights and making more. LOL Georgiana, I visited your blog and became a follower. Very nice cards. TFS.Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are super cute ! I love Dawns videos too, she as great stuff on there :) TFS :)

    ReplyDelete